Featured Post

Pardon Our Mess

So, everything has changed and I decided this dumb blog needed to change as well. A complete reboot, y'all. Way too much whining going o...

Saturday, November 18, 2023

I made some things...

Anyway, I finished this 3-strand Roman glass. I like the simplicity of it, and the drama of having multiple strands of these small, ancient beads. 

Btw, anyone interested in visiting my shop (such as it is) can find it here






 
 


Also started playing around with some of the big African krobo and recycled glass. These are just on strong elastic chord, which makes them easy to wear, but for these chunkier beads I usually put them on nylon coated steel with a secure clasp. Anyway, these are mostly just "sketches," but I wear them like this quite a bit. 







I was on an endless Zoom call the other day and was just fiddling around with beads on a string while I listened. I looked up and saw I'd made this really interesting strand. The focal might be a bit too large for colors this delicate, but I'm liking the slippery, organic feel of it. We'll see...

 





No comments:

Post a Comment