Featured Post

Pardon Our Mess

So, everything has changed and I decided this dumb blog needed to change as well. A complete reboot, y'all. Way too much whining going o...

Sunday, March 3, 2024

Cool Beads

Anyhoo, I've been listing some interesting things in the shop lately. 


 


First up is this kinda crazy arrangement with handmade vintage aluminum beads from Nigeria.  I put these with with matte black glass and and random flat metal spacers. It's strung on slightly distressed wire, with a thin blue line running through it and a dash of red at the throat. I love the jagged drape and "barbed wire" industrial look. 

Probably not everyone's cuppa tea, but I love it. Perfect for any protest march!
 

Next up are these gorgeous strands of small, ancient glass Nila beads in an array of blues, greens, grays and reds.


These glass beads arrived in Djenne, Mali anywhere from 1000 - 1200 years ago by the ancient trade routes to Djenne. They remained buried in the Sahara for centuries and wee excavated sometime in the 20th century. 



I liked the way they looked when they arrived, strung on crude rafia. I distressed this wire very slightly to give it little kinks and twists to keep that same vibe.


 



Between projects I like to take whatever random beads are left over and mix them together on a strand. It doesn't always look great, but sometimes magic happens. Here are some of those! 




And a bunch of other stuff. If you want to see more, check out my shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment