Featured Post

Pardon Our Mess

So, everything has changed and I decided this dumb blog needed to change as well. A complete reboot, y'all. Way too much whining going o...

Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Does This Mean I Have to Turn In My Gay Card?

Srsly tho, who wore it better? 

I suppose I need to weigh in here. Sigh. 

Look, say what you want, believe what you want, but I'll never be convinced that they didn't know exactly what they were doing with this. Yes, yes, I know I know it's about Dionysius and his pagans, but really? It happened in PARIS, for god's sake. Of course they knew how it would be perceived by billions of christians already suffering from a persecution complex stretching back thousands of years.

Safeguarding our traditions
The fact is, I'm wasn't impressed by this stunt. 

First of all, like probably every other human being on the planet, I was like, Drag queens at the Olympics? Okaaaaaaay, but why exactly? 

I get that we're all about acceptance and breaking down barriers and We Are Everywhere, etc, but even I'm still working through the cognitive dissonance, and I'm gay.

Second, I'm all for pushing back against anti-trans hate, but did this actually move that needle? (And don't even get me started on the distinction between "drag" and actual "trans." They're very different things, but that's for another blog post.)

Tell me the truth, is this Rudy Giuliani...?

Listen, I'm not averse to offending the occasional christian bigot. But what was accomplished by pissing off billions of them?

I've been a soldier in these trenches for a long time. There are more effective ways to fight back, and better arenas to do it in, is all I'm sayin.

Thanks, I'll turn in my Gay Card now.

No comments:

Post a Comment