Featured Post

Pardon Our Mess

So, everything has changed and I decided this dumb blog needed to change as well. A complete reboot, y'all. Way too much whining going o...

Monday, September 23, 2024

Cool Beads

Awhile back I went through my ancient Roman glass phase. I was crazed with it, and I moved a LOT of old glass through this house. Well, that was then. Fast forward to African glass. I've gone through Krobo crazes before -- I just love their big, juicy, hand-painted colors -- but lately I've been out of control. 


I posted these modern pink & greens awhile ago, and have worn them in public twice. It's amazing how many comments I get on these -- but then again, they're rather huge. You really can't miss 'em. 








Anyway, I was hooked. I quickly moved on to some nice antique Krobos I had been hanging on to. I went ahead and put some of those together, and some of them are already listed in the shop. I'll be adding more of these bigger, "standard size" African powder glass beads.

 




































But what I've gone completely bonkers over are these smaller krobos. Most of them are big and chunky, but these are much smaller. and they're ADORABLE. 



Anyway, all this stuff is listed in the shop and explained in more detail, origin of the beads, what they are, how old, etc. You can find my stuff here.






No comments:

Post a Comment