Featured Post

Pardon Our Mess

So, everything has changed and I decided this dumb blog needed to change as well. A complete reboot, y'all. Way too much whining going o...

Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Today's Cool Beads: Tiny Trades & Antique Chevrons

I haven't had a bead post in awhile. Here are a few things I've been working on. First up are these very cool small trade beads, including antique Venetian glass chevron beads and African sand cast painted glass. 

 





These small kobo-style sand cast beads from Ghana are hard to find in this size. I like the fruity (ahem) pastel colors, so I made a whole separate strand with just those. The necklace below sold on Etsy within a matter of hours, so I may get some more of these while they last. 





Beads like this were made in Italy, Africa and elsewhere and were traded as currency along the major trade routes of Europe for hundreds of years. 

These aren't that old, but the Venetian chevron beads included in the first piece are vintage, most likely from mid-20th century. 




No comments:

Post a Comment