Featured Post

Pardon Our Mess

So, everything has changed and I decided this dumb blog needed to change as well. A complete reboot, y'all. Way too much whining going o...

Thursday, September 14, 2023

Why Do Republicans Despise Working People?

 It’s a beautiful Thursday morning and I have
goals: 

1. Sign up for an Old-Guy Yoga class.  

2. Sign up for Piano lessons. 

Yeah, I know how that sounds: "Old Guy Retires, Wanders Aimlessly, Decides To Go Fishing."

Shut up, all of you. 

Shut up, all of you. The J-O-B isn’t coming back. I had floated the idea of staying around part time for awhile, something low key to help ease me into the life of old-guy leisure. It doesn’t appear they’re going make that happen, so it's we're ending this career COLD TURKEY, BABY. 

I was disappointed at first (was I kinda hurt? Just a little?) but in the end I find I'm okay with this development. Idleness suits me. It turns out I don’t actually want to work anymore. I have no intention of seeking another job anytime soon. Okay, ever. 

3. Sign up for Obamacare.

I'll fit right in !  
 That last one is important. I’ll just point out that “retirement” at the age of 61 wouldn’t have been an option for me just a few years ago. That’s because prior to passage of the Affordable Care Act, there was virtually no health insurance an individual could buy on the market. 

I would have been compelled to either keep working for employer provided health insurance, or face the prospect of being uninsured until Medicare kicked in. Four years is a long time to go without healthcare coverage, particularly at this age. 

So, THANKS, Obama! THANKS, Pelosi! THANKS, Democrats! 

Meanwhile, here's a clue: If you work for a living, you have no business voting for Republicans. In fact, if you're living paycheck to paycheck and you're still voting GOP, you need to have your fucking head examined. You're welcome.   

No comments:

Post a Comment