Featured Post

Pardon Our Mess

So, everything has changed and I decided this dumb blog needed to change as well. A complete reboot, y'all. Way too much whining going o...

Monday, October 16, 2023

I felt this one.

I'm just sayin there was a time not so very long ago when hearing the stories of others would have left me unmoved. I'm not sure where in my own recovery this began to change; I'll just say what I witnessed in that room today took real courage. 

I felt this meeting.That may not seem like much to a normal human being, but it's huge to me. 

After a troubling 40-year relationship with alcohol, it's nice to know I can still feel anything. It's reassuring that I can actually feel something for other human beings that aren't directly linked to my own benefit in some way. 

It makes me think maybe I'm really not the soulless bastard I sound like on this dumb blog. Sound like? Lulz, sure, pal. Fact is, this dumb blog is probably the truest thing I've ever written. 



No comments:

Post a Comment