Featured Post

Pardon Our Mess

So, everything has changed and I decided this dumb blog needed to change as well. A complete reboot, y'all. Way too much whining going o...

Monday, October 16, 2023

I'm adding "Tai Chi Master" to my LinkedIn profile


I’m a little disappointed that I haven’t mastered the entire tai chi catalog yet. It’s been a month, just sayin. Each time I learn the next move in the form, I add another step, another pivot, a block. Then you start from the beginning and do it all again, up to where you know it. I keep wanting to scream “SHOW ME ALL THE MOVES, MOTHERFUCKERS,” which kinda misses the whole point of tai chi. 


Dmitry, our Sufi, says I’m doing well, to stay with it. And to calm the fuck down, don’t rush it, and don’t compare: I’ve been at it a month; everyone else in the room has been doing it for decades.


It is slow, but it’s powerful stuff. I walk out of there exhausted, but in a good way. Will definitely be staying with it. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment