Featured Post

Pardon Our Mess

So, everything has changed and I decided this dumb blog needed to change as well. A complete reboot, y'all. Way too much whining going o...

Sunday, October 6, 2024

I vehemently deny all allegations in my memoir!

I've been at a bit of a stand still on the book for two weeks, but feel like I'm finally back on track and making progress again. For the last few months it's been mostly stream of conscious word-dumping and a lot of it won't make the final cut -- but I feel like the needle finally moved a little again this week, and the words are coming again. 

I'm working from an actual chapter outline at this point, and a lot of the fodder I've just plunked down at random can now be fed into a more organized and cohesive narrative. I'm optimistic again, even if my original timeline is out the fucking window. I think it's doubtful it'll be done in time for the 30th anniversary of the OK City bombing, which is unfortunate since parts of my story are connected to those events. 

It's enough for me to be moving on it again. I'm trying not to be unkind to my mom, but the more I think about some of the dynamics of my childhood, the less flattering it seems to a parent. In fairness, I'm pretty unsparing of myself as well. 

I mean the prologue is a recounting of my DUI, ffs, and how even that horrific experience didn't stop me from eventually driving under the influence again. It's not like I come out of this tale sounding exactly heroic


  

No comments:

Post a Comment