Featured Post

Pardon Our Mess

So, everything has changed and I decided this dumb blog needed to change as well. A complete reboot, y'all. Way too much whining going o...

Thursday, October 12, 2023

I should probably just stop reading the news

I try to keep up with current events. 

Every morning I read the internet from start to finish, and as a result I start every day pissed off. 

Do I need this? Srsly, can I change anything that’s happening out there? I propose a single uber-news headline: “Human Beings Are Monsters” 
I'm on break! 

 Is it enough to just live my quiet, insular life? To toddle off to my piano lesson, my tai chi, my AA meetings, while the world burns to the ground around me? 

Probably not. Okay, not. But it’s been a rough ride these last few years, and I’m fucking tired. I’ll take this time to heal, thank you very much. I’ve earned it.

Y'all can burn the world down without me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment